Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default Mattress store in Calgary to avoid - Halstead

Just wanted to write about my experience with this company for anyone
who might be googling for a mattress locally.

My husband and I purchased a queen sized bed set from Halstead Mattress
(NW Calgary Store in Crowfoot mall) a few months ago.

After being lied to by the salesman about the delivery time (he
promised 2 weeks, while the factory told us it was normally a 5 week
wait), he tried to spring a hidden charge on us after we had already
paid for the bed.

The bed finally arrived. We were shocked to discover some stains on it
(which looked like someone tried to hide by drycleaning), and a
noticeable sag in the middle of the mattress.
It's pretty obvious this mattress was used by someone else before and
returned. When we challenged the salesman, he was elusive & deceitful.
The company's head office refuses to answer our calls, so we've
contacted the local BBB about the matter.

In short, if youre in the market for a mattress in Calgary, don't let
these slimeballs take your money.

Jessica M.
Calgary Alberta Canada

Powermax/Heatbank/UV? nickd UK diy 18 February 20th 05 12:13 PM
Uvented cyl v Thermal store. IMM UK diy 0 November 18th 04 02:53 PM
Woodturning/working store near Calgary ? Lewis Dodd Woodturning 1 July 2nd 04 05:27 PM
Ticked at Rocklear Bob Brogan Woodworking 58 April 15th 04 04:28 AM
OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee Gunner Metalworking 562 January 6th 04 07:04 AM