Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Need advice on Patio/Sun Room

We are thinking of having a patio room built by Champion. Anyone have any
experiences with them? We had one of their agents come to our house and
give us a quote that seemed very high, but convinced us that their quality
of products is superior than competitors.

We are debating whether we should go with a knee wall or have full glass...
My research so far shows that a knee wall goes with a traditional patio room
that seemlessly blends in the existing house's architecure with the patio
room. The full glass version makes the room more like an outside
experience.

We are on well water so there is concern about water spots staining the
glass. I will do my best to adjust the sprinkling system to direct water
away from the room.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
mad hatter®

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:39:47 -0700, "J"
wrote:

We are thinking of having a patio room built by Champion. Anyone have any
experiences with them? We had one of their agents come to our house and
give us a quote that seemed very high, but convinced us that their quality
of products is superior than competitors.

We are debating whether we should go with a knee wall or have full glass...
My research so far shows that a knee wall goes with a traditional patio room
that seemlessly blends in the existing house's architecure with the patio
room. The full glass version makes the room more like an outside
experience.

We are on well water so there is concern about water spots staining the
glass. I will do my best to adjust the sprinkling system to direct water
away from the room.

For water spotting, just spray vinegar on windows. You can either
leave it that way or squee gee off the vinegar / water from the
window.

My preference would be the knee wall but I don't think there is a
right or wrong answer on this one.