Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Boom noise a few minutes after shutting of gas fireplace

Hi

We have a Heat-N-Glo gas fireplace with rear/top direct vent. A few
minutes after shutting it off, there is a loud "boom" sound from behind
the wall on which the fireplace is installed.
We have not used the fireplace much since installation (about 1.75
years ago) but have noticed this boom sound before.

Is this normal contraction/expansion of the fireplace parts on shutff
off or is this something we need to get a professional to checkout.

Thanks
Bob

Makita Cordless 18V Drill - Chuck Noise Quddus UK diy 5 June 28th 04 10:09 AM
How to Adjust the Tape Path Alignment on Newer VCRs Jim Electronics Repair 24 March 15th 04 09:30 PM
Problem: Squirrel in Fireplace Insert! Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 42 January 26th 04 07:56 AM
Noise reduction Dirtleg Woodworking 10 January 9th 04 06:43 AM
CH boiler - making droning noise - Potterton Suprima 60 Eric the Red UK diy 2 September 29th 03 03:01 PM