Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Harry Muscle

Default York vs. Luxaire vs. Keeprite vs. ??? Furnace

I'm in the process of getting a new furnace installed and so far the
three brands that have been recommended to me have been York, Luxaire,
and Keeprite. I've been told that York and Luxaire are virtually the
same thing since Luxaire is made by York, but Luxaire is supposed to
cost less. If anyone could provide me with some feedback about these
brands that would be great ... are they good, bad, expensive to repair,
etc. Or if there's other brands that you'd recommend let me know too.

Btw, I'm located in Ontario, Canada in case that's relevant. Also I'm
most likely going to go with a standard 80% furnance since the repair
costs for higher efficiency furnances don't seem to make them worth it.

Thanks,
Harry