Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
LevitzCustomer

Default !!! Do not buy anything from Levitz Furniture !!!

********** BUYER BEWARE ************

**** This is the copy of the letter I have sent to Levitz
Furniture(several times and no reply from them ), hope this explains
everything. THIS COMPANY IS IN BANKRUPTCY AND STILL RIPPING OFF ITS
CUSTOMERS. Please do not waste your time and money by buying furniture
from this company's store. ****

Please let me know if anyone else had this experience.

We had purchased following furniture from Levitz Furniture, Hatfield,
PA on 25th September, 2005. We were told by the sales person, that they
will have the furniture delivered within 3 to 4 weeks.

Now it is already 14th December, 2005 and more than 12 weeks have
passed and we have not yet received most of our furniture. Following is
the schedule of events:

Event
Date
1) Furniture bought
9/25/05
2) Delivery of sofa/love seat scheduled and cancelled on the same day
so
I wasted my whole day waiting for them
9/30/05
3) Sofa and wrong love seat delivered
10/2/05
4) Dining set delivered
11/12/05
5) a) Scheduled to deliver correct love seat
b) Levitz Rescheduled love seat delivery on
11/25/05
c) Levitz Rescheduled b) and no date set yet
No idea
6) Delivery of bedroom set scheduled by Levitz
No idea

My complaint is about item 5 and 6 where it is not even scheduled for
delivery; Levitz says it is not yet manufactured the bedroom set. By
talking to various people in this company, we concluded that Levitz has
clearly failed to fulfill its promises to us. We had bought furniture
based on the fact the delivery schedule will be 3-4 weeks. Now after 9
weeks also we are not sure when are we going to get rest of the
furniture?

Also when contacted to cancel the order the store manager at the local
store told that they will charge 25% stocking fee. Now when we call the
local store and ask to talk with the store manager to know the status
of the order they do not even talk to us and take our message saying
manager will get back to us. This has happened several times to my wife
and the manager does not return our call at all now and is simply
avoiding us.

Due to this we wasted lot of our time in waiting for their furniture in
pieces and also could not have our housewarming party we had scheduled
around mid November, 05. I have already sent a letter to Local Levitz
Store but I did not get a reply yet. I did visit the local store
personally last week and they do not have any answers, they suggested
us to contact you.

I hope appropriate action is taken for this complaint and my furniture
is delivered ASAP so that I do not have to file complaint in FTC or
other local agencies. Please reply and let me know what is going to
happen in this case. We are planning to file a class action suit also
soon.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Travis Jordan

LevitzCustomer wrote:
THIS COMPANY IS IN BANKRUPTCY AND STILL RIPPING OFF ITS
CUSTOMERS.

You are wasting your time trying to get them to pay any attention to
your small problems.

If you charged the furniture on a credit card, dispute the charges.
Otherwise you will just have to end up in the long line of creditors.

Is your store on the list of ones that will be closing?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/3527528.html