Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Rewiring chandelier: snaking wires through arms

I am trying to rewire a 5 arm brass chandelier. The original wiring is
16 ga stranded wire which was hard wired to the fixtures (several of
which are defective which is why I am rewiring).

One end of the arm has a straight run from the entry hole but then
there's a sharp bend which I can't negotiate by pushing the wire. If I
start from the other end (which has an immediate 90 degree turn through
a narrow hole) I am able to push one stranded conductor completely
through the arm, but I am unable to get the second conductor to get
past the 90 degree turn. I've tried doing this using the original
wiring (which I plan to replace).

I've tried 2 conductor lamp wire but that's too wide. I've tried using
conduit lube but that doesn't seem to help. I don't have any 18 ga
stranded wire on hand, but the diameter of stranded wire including its
jacket appears not to vary with gauge.

Is there some trick I am missing here?

thanks

TKM

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Always pull wire in tight spots; don't push it. If you have the same size
wire that was originally used, then the trick is to pull one wire at a time
and use the wire lube. Your pull wire can be a bare piece of copper. Pay
attention to the joint between the pull wire and the new wire. Keep it as
thin and short as possible so it will negotiate the bend. I like to solder
that joint for extra strength.

TKM

Rewring a chandelier: snaking wires through the arms [email protected] Home Repair 12 October 22nd 19 01:14 PM
How solder to very fine enamelled woven wires in earphone lead? Asimov Electronics Repair 7 May 17th 05 03:25 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Nice write up about LEDs Gunner Metalworking 242 June 13th 04 04:10 PM
Radio Signal tool for tracing wires Tim Home Repair 7 November 1st 03 02:20 AM