FC

Default Rewiring chandelier: snaking wires through arms

wrote:
I am trying to rewire a 5 arm brass chandelier. The original wiring is
16 ga stranded wire which was hard wired to the fixtures (several of
which are defective which is why I am rewiring).

One end of the arm has a straight run from the entry hole but then
there's a sharp bend which I can't negotiate by pushing the wire. If I
start from the other end (which has an immediate 90 degree turn through
a narrow hole) I am able to push one stranded conductor completely
through the arm, but I am unable to get the second conductor to get
past the 90 degree turn. I've tried doing this using the original
wiring (which I plan to replace).

I've tried 2 conductor lamp wire but that's too wide. I've tried using
conduit lube but that doesn't seem to help. I don't have any 18 ga
stranded wire on hand, but the diameter of stranded wire including its
jacket appears not to vary with gauge.

Is there some trick I am missing here?

thanks

If you can get one wire thru then use that one to pull another thin wire
(eg. 3 dantel floss braided together) then use the thin wire to pull the
two wires thru (or you can do your own combination & experiment)

FC