Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

JimGreen

Default Question

we "bought" a town house in peekskill over a month ago. But the seller
would not sign the contract because he was in hospital and all that .
We send him our signed contract along with downpayment check (10%) a
month back where closing was on oct 6th. He signed the contract last
week but changed the date to oct 30.
We have already given notice to our apartment rental office that we
will leave on oct 6.
My question is can he simply change the date on the contract? Can I
back out of the deal without loosing my down payment?
The guy doesn't return phone calls and keeps delaying the things.
Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for your time
jim

Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
JimGreen wrote:

My question is can he simply change the date on the contract?

Sure. But you don't have to agree to the change.

Gernally a change in terms of the offer requires the other party to
agree to the change. I am not sure why you would give someone a 10%
down payment unless it's with an escrow party.

I don't mean to be impolite but you have utterly no idea what the heck
you're doing. Got a lawyer ? I bet not ! How do you know the guy
even owned the property ?

Go take the mess to a lawyer and pay for 2-3 hours to see what else you
messed up. My god.

Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
JimGreen wrote:
we "bought" a town house in peekskill over a month ago. But the seller
would not sign the contract because he was in hospital and all that .
We send him our signed contract along with downpayment check (10%) a
month back where closing was on oct 6th. He signed the contract last
week but changed the date to oct 30.
We have already given notice to our apartment rental office that we
will leave on oct 6.
My question is can he simply change the date on the contract? Can I
back out of the deal without loosing my down payment?
The guy doesn't return phone calls and keeps delaying the things.
Is there anything I can do?

Talk to your apartment management, explain the problem and ask to stay
an extra month. Unless apartments are in short supply in your area AND
you are on good terms with the management, they will probably OK it. If
they already have a new tennant, your probably outa luck.

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM