Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default rattling refrigerator when door closes

I have a Kenmore refrigerator with an odd problem. When I close the
door, often I hear a rattling sound. It starts louder and slowly
subsides...lasts up to 20 seconds.

I have observed the sound when simply pulling on the door, so it's
related to the change in air pressure. Even with the fridge unplugged,
the sound persists, although it seems that after a few attempts it no
longer occurs when unplugged.

I am stumped. The sound originates from the bottom right of the
fridge. I've leveled and raised the front as per the manual, and
vaccumed everything to now avail. The base warrantee is up, but the
compressor and sealed unit are still covered. Would love to kow what
I'm gettig into before calling for service.

Any thoughts? fsm2k2 at yahoo dot com