Bert Han

Default Noisy Rattling Pipes

Everytime we turn on the taps in the sink or the bathtub on the top floor
of our townhouse, there is this loud banging/rattling noise which disrupts
the flow of water coming out of the tap.

The water stutters as it comes out of the tap, usually when we turn on the
water quickly.
This happens for both the hot and cold taps.

And it's only on the top floor of our 3 storey house.

Any suggestions?
Joseph Meehan

Bert Han wrote:
Everytime we turn on the taps in the sink or the bathtub on the top
floor of our townhouse, there is this loud banging/rattling noise
which disrupts the flow of water coming out of the tap.

The water stutters as it comes out of the tap, usually when we turn
on the water quickly.
This happens for both the hot and cold taps.

And it's only on the top floor of our 3 storey house.

Any suggestions?

Just a guess, but I would suggest a pressure regulator and poorly
supported/secured pipes.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Noisy pipes when filling CW tank steve UK diy 3 January 20th 04 01:46 PM
Freezing Pipes or Pipes frozen could the Instant Hot Water Recirculator from RedyTemp work [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 11th 04 12:18 PM
Water Pipes PoP UK diy 6 December 17th 03 02:50 PM