DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Noisy Rattling Pipes (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/55406-noisy-rattling-pipes.html)

Bert Han March 5th 04 11:21 AM

Noisy Rattling Pipes

Everytime we turn on the taps in the sink or the bathtub on the top floor
of our townhouse, there is this loud banging/rattling noise which disrupts
the flow of water coming out of the tap.

The water stutters as it comes out of the tap, usually when we turn on the
water quickly.
This happens for both the hot and cold taps.

And it's only on the top floor of our 3 storey house.

Any suggestions?

Joseph Meehan March 5th 04 12:54 PM

Noisy Rattling Pipes

Bert Han wrote:
Everytime we turn on the taps in the sink or the bathtub on the top
floor of our townhouse, there is this loud banging/rattling noise
which disrupts the flow of water coming out of the tap.

The water stutters as it comes out of the tap, usually when we turn
on the water quickly.
This happens for both the hot and cold taps.

And it's only on the top floor of our 3 storey house.

Any suggestions?

Just a guess, but I would suggest a pressure regulator and poorly
supported/secured pipes.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math