Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default How to fix a clogged airless paint sprayer?

I painted with latex using my 1/2 HP airless sprayer and didn't clean
it afterwards, now I am paying the price. I tried cleaning the clogging
by running paint thinner thru it but it only pushes out a little bit of
the liquid. I tried for it to expel liquid via both the spray outlet
and the other outlet, I don't know what its called but its the outlet
when the knob is set to PRIME. Is there some other liquid to try it
with or some other remedy?

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
I painted with latex using my 1/2 HP airless sprayer and didn't clean
it afterwards, now I am paying the price. I tried cleaning the clogging
by running paint thinner thru it but it only pushes out a little bit of
the liquid. I tried for it to expel liquid via both the spray outlet
and the other outlet, I don't know what its called but its the outlet
when the knob is set to PRIME. Is there some other liquid to try it
with or some other remedy?

Time to take the painting areas apart and clean them. Scotch Bright, a non
scratching cleaning cloth will work with WD-40 as a bit of help.
Depend on the way it is made you may need new parts.

Have you taken the gun apart and cleaned it? The pump could be working while
the nozzle could be the problem.
Just guessing mind ya

Fred

wrote in message
oups.com...
I painted with latex using my 1/2 HP airless sprayer and didn't clean
it afterwards, now I am paying the price. I tried cleaning the clogging
by running paint thinner thru it but it only pushes out a little bit of
the liquid. I tried for it to expel liquid via both the spray outlet
and the other outlet, I don't know what its called but its the outlet
when the knob is set to PRIME. Is there some other liquid to try it
with or some other remedy?

I've done this all the time without any problems as long as you keep the
paint and pressure in the lines - spray a few seconds every few days to keep
the line wet and the pressure up, just don't let the paint dry out. You
could leave the paint in the machine for months by doing this.

Don't use paint thinner, lacquer thinner is what you needed. If it does not
prime use a heat gun around the check valve area to unstuck the check ball -
careful not to use too much heat. If this still don't work, time to take it
apart for the cleaning.

Phil Scott

"SQLit" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

If its a wagner the little plastic thingies in the spray head
swell up in time and with paint thinner and need to be
replaced.

Phil Scott