Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Can you paint an aluminum threshold?

We ordered some doors for our house. We specified dark bronze hinges
and threshold. They arrived at the job and were installed before we
were able to check them. They arrived with silver aluminum or
stainless thresholds and brass hinges. I contacted the door mfg and
they can send me the bronze hinges to subsitute. However, since they
are installed, the thresholds can't be changed without removing the
doors and trim. Can I paint the thresholds and, if so, what kind of
paint will stick to the aluminum?
DAC

You might want to ask you local professional paint store.

Good luck,

Darwin

Any paint suitable for metal will stick to aluminum. Rustoleum would
be a good choice. If you can mask off the area and spray it, that will
give the best appearance. Of course any paint you put on it is not
going to look as good or last like a factory applied finish.

Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Aluminum wiring... Roy Metalworking 15 February 20th 05 07:20 PM
how to paint a small Aluminum box? ahgu Metalworking 3 January 15th 05 07:23 AM
how to paint a small Aluminum box? ahgu Woodworking 17 January 14th 05 03:21 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM