Default Can you paint an aluminum threshold?

We ordered some doors for our house. We specified dark bronze hinges
and threshold. They arrived at the job and were installed before we
were able to check them. They arrived with silver aluminum or
stainless thresholds and brass hinges. I contacted the door mfg and
they can send me the bronze hinges to subsitute. However, since they
are installed, the thresholds can't be changed without removing the
doors and trim. Can I paint the thresholds and, if so, what kind of
paint will stick to the aluminum?