Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Keith Gormezano

Default A mortgage broker in Washington State to avoid: Hard Money Placement, L.L.C.

Yesterday, I received a fax which in my opinion is in violation of the
Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 from the following mortgage
broker:

Hard Money Placement, L.L.C.
UBI 602 504 203
whose registered agent is
Marty Sweeten (name of principal on fax as well)
7920 - 110th Ave SE #1008
Renton, WA 98056
(425) 228-1074 and fax (425) 663-4167
using the following email address:
and

This act prohibits using a telephone facsimile machine, computer, or other
device to send an unsolicited advertisement (a "junk fax") to a telephone
facsimile machine if there has not been a prior business relationship or
permission has been granted.

According to my files and the best of my recollection, I never gave Hard
Money Placement, L.L.C. or their registered agent Marty Sweeten permission
to contact me or had any prior business dealings with either of them. When I
did complain to Marty Sweeten about the activities of his company, his
response was "get a life" rather than an apology or confirmation that we had
a prior business relationship or that I gave them permission to fax me
information about their company.

I also checked with the Department of Financial Institutions in Washington
State which regulates mortgage brokers and they are not in their database.
They are also not registered with the City of Seattle which requires anyone
soliciting sales to register their business with them. I have also asked the
City of Renton to investigate as I could not ascertain if the company is
registered to do business with them.

I think that anyone wanting my business should follow the law and not have
any consumer complaints pending or filed against them.

If you are thinking of doing business with these folks, perhaps you should
consider this as well.

Keith Gormezano
http://www.scn.org/~bb822

OPTION ARM EXPLAINED: Pay what you want monthly mortgage. OptionARMpopeye Home Ownership 0 April 8th 05 11:08 PM
OPTION ARM EXPLAINED: Pay what you want each month mortgage. OptionARMpopeye Home Ownership 0 April 8th 05 04:59 AM
Let me get your opinion Keith R. Williams Home Ownership 6 January 18th 05 05:04 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
OT - Gunner Quote Cliff Huprich Metalworking 183 January 27th 04 09:20 AM