Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

mystro

Default AC Condenser only partially cold?

Greetings all
Yesterday I had a a AC tech stop by because my system wasn't handling
the 90+ temp very well..the difference between the inlet temp (80
degrees) and the nearest outlet register (70 degrees) only 10 degrees.
Before he arrived I checked the condenser coils and they were *all*
cold but very dry..no condensation at all.

He determined the system was over-charged and released pressure. After
he left,keeping an eye on the system I noticed only the lower part of
the condenser was now getting cold..the rest of the coils were not. I
called him and he said leave it running and eventually it would catch
up..after several hours it had not changed except now there was some
condensation on the lower cold coils but the uppers were still not
getting cold..the indoor temp had actually increased.

My thoughts are his gauge was mis calibrated
and he released too much freon but I'm only guessing at this. It's
frustrating that the system has actually deteriorated since the visit
but I suppose this does happen..what should I expect from the return
visit?

power shower problems mp UK diy 15 May 14th 05 03:35 PM
A/C condenser finicky startup jay Home Repair 5 April 23rd 05 05:16 AM
Central air condenser unit failing? Walter Cohen Home Repair 2 July 15th 03 12:48 AM
Central air condenser unit failing? Walter Cohen Home Ownership 3 July 15th 03 12:48 AM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM