Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Toilet Bowl Smell

Does anyone know how to get the smell out of a toilet bowl? I tried all
thge store products, vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda but these did
not work. Any ideas?

This may be a dumb question, but...

Are you sure smell is coming from the bowl and not from the tank?
Porcelain and ceramics shouldn't be that absorbent...

Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
wrote:
Does anyone know how to get the smell out of a toilet bowl? I tried all
thge store products, vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda but these did
not work. Any ideas?

It could be on the floor around the bowl, or even have seeped under the
bottom rim of the bowl.

It's coming from inside the bowl. My last place had the same problem
but was a little worse. My theory is that years of use the inside bowl
gets permeated with the smell and it's very difficult to nearly
impossible to get out. I was wondering if someone had a homemade remedy
or something. The best thing to do is replace the whole bowl. It's not
that bad but something I don't want to live with in this place.