Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Bert Hyman

Default No-clog rain gutters & downspouts?

Are there any objective reviews and comparisons of the various types
of these things that are on the market?

My house is surrounded by maple and pine trees and spend a lot of
time on a ladder cleaning out all the various sorts of debris these
things drop all year long.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
Jackie Brophy

http://www.askthebuilder.com/541-Gut...le-Truth.shtml

I have read this site. Who knows..I am in this same dilemma, and have done
nothing to date. Good luck.

Jackie
"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
Are there any objective reviews and comparisons of the various types
of these things that are on the market?

My house is surrounded by maple and pine trees and spend a lot of
time on a ladder cleaning out all the various sorts of debris these
things drop all year long.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

TKM

Probably no system will eliminate gutter cleaning except the one that
involves removing the gutters and letting the water fall onto a gravel
drainage bed; but I've had no problems as yet with the Gutter Brush system
that I installed last fall. Everything stayed clean during a northern Ohio
fall, winter and, so far, this spring. The house is in an area of mixed
mature trees, but none overhang the roof. No sign of the organic goo
problem, but once the tree seeds are down that could change.

I liked the relatively low cost and very easy installation of the Gutter
Brush and I'm already one gutter cleaning to the good.

TKM

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
Are there any objective reviews and comparisons of the various types
of these things that are on the market?

My house is surrounded by maple and pine trees and spend a lot of
time on a ladder cleaning out all the various sorts of debris these
things drop all year long.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Kendall P. Bullen

In article ,
"Jackie Brophy" wrote:

http://www.askthebuilder.com/541-Gut...le-Truth.shtml

Thanks for posting this. There's a lot of sense there (just not
necessarily intuitive to ignorant, innocent homeowners like myself).

Cheers,
Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall/
kendall@---^^^^^^^

Never e-mail me copies of Usenet postings, please.
I do read the groups to which I post!
Kendall P. Bullen

In article
,
"TKM" wrote:

The house is in an area of mixed mature trees, but none overhang the roof.

I imagine that helps a lot?

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall/
kendall@---^^^^^^^

Never e-mail me copies of Usenet postings, please.
I do read the groups to which I post!

Bert Hyman

(Jackie Brophy) wrote in
:

http://www.askthebuilder.com/541-Gut...-Whole-Truth.s
html

This confirms my suspicions. I could never figure out why or how
these things were supposed to work, and now I see that they actually
don't :-)

The guy's analysis of the costs of paying to have the gutters cleaned
is interesting; I wonder if my wife will buy it?

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
Are there any objective reviews and comparisons of the various
types of these things that are on the market?

My house is surrounded by maple and pine trees and spend a lot of
time on a ladder cleaning out all the various sorts of debris
these things drop all year long.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
lenny fackler

TKM wrote:
Probably no system will eliminate gutter cleaning except the one that

involves removing the gutters and letting the water fall onto a

gravel
drainage bed;

There's another solution that worked well for me. Try looking under
"Tree Service" in the yellow pages.

GuttaGard.
I reviewed everything myself when looking for a solution. GuttaGard
works, is cheap, and you can do it yourself.

toddvb

I have a huge oak right next to my house and two large maples about 30
feet upwind. Maples are in the front, oak is in the back. I used to
have to clean the gutter about every month or two in spring and fall.

I bought the cheap white plastic covers that snap on and I haven't had
to clean my gutters in two years. I was very skeptical when I got
these, but I thought for a $1 each I'd try it. They were easy to
install with a ladder on my story and a half home.

The pine needles may or may not work.

Rain butt fill problem Broadback UK diy 11 May 19th 05 10:56 PM
Rain Gutters K style TP Home Repair 1 October 15th 04 09:20 PM
Replacing facia boards behind gutters Tom Miller Home Repair 6 October 3rd 04 02:59 AM
Home inspection dilemma - missing gutters Jon Home Repair 36 May 21st 04 03:34 AM
Gutters Paul UK diy 0 August 14th 03 02:05 PM