Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default fire door

I recently purchased a house that has a converted garage.. the garage is now
living space but it still has a fire door between it and the rest of the house.
The springs cause the door to fly shut and I'm worried that my toddler could get
hurt by this door.

Is there a way to make the springs in the hinges less springy or am I going to
have to replace the hinges? I want to keep a door there since that area of the
house does not have as much insulation as the rest of the house and I want to
shut that room off in the evenings.