Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Nocturne

Default Possible Lawsuits Against Manufactured Home Builders / Dealers

For all manufactured home owners and potential home owners:

I'm trying to put together a listing of people who have been taken
advantage of, who were sold a defective home, who had an improper set
up, or who were unable to get warranty support from the manufactured
housing industry. The reason for this is primarily to explore the
possibilities of litigation, and secondarily to provide an additional
resource for manufactured home owners. I know that most buyers have
been made to sign arbitration clauses, but such clauses are not always
binding, depending on your state law and the exact wording of your
particular agreement. The general idea is to give people a better idea
of others who have experienced the same type of problem in their
geographic region and to see what legal remedies might be available to
them. Even if a class action lawsuit would not be possible with
respondents, such sharing of information should aid individual lawsuits
(for instance, allowing different plaintiffs to share depositions
regarding a particular manufacturer or problem - which would
strengthen their cases while decreasing overall costs). Multiple
studies have found that 4 out of 5 manufactured home owners have had at
least one MAJOR problem, and many have more than one. If this is
something you would like to explore with me, please contact me with
some basic information:
1. The type problem or problems you had. Did it involve fraud, a
defective home, a defective set up, or warranty problems?
2. The manufacturer (and specific model if possible) of your home and
the date purchased.
3. Your contact information. Preferably an e-mail address, a phone
number if you're willing to share it, and the city and state you live
in.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has experience in bringing
lawsuits against the industry whether successful or unsuccessful. Any
attorneys with proposals or suggestions are particularly requested to
contact me. I would prefer if this information (both from a consumer
end and a legal perspective) is sent via the feedback form on this
page:

http://www.manufacturedhomebuyers.com/feedback.htm

Your information will not be sold, you won't be put on a mailing
list, or anything else. (I am deluged with spam myself, and wouldn't
wish it on anyone.) If I do receive substantial feedback, I will e-mail
everyone one time to share what I've learned and to share contact
information so members of the pool can contact other consumers with
similar problems or other customers in their area. If it looks like
something more is possible on a group scale, that will be discussed,
too. If an attorney offers to help, that information will be directly
shared with everyone - and there won't be any kickbacks or
stipulations. That's it in a nutshell, so to speak. If you know of
anyone else who might be interested, please let them know about this,
too. The success of this venture depends on the number of people who
are willing to get involved. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

On a side note, my web site has what I feel is a really good list of
resources for anyone who has a manufactured home or who is considering
one (dozens of links for manufactured housing consumers, homeowner
groups, government resources, manufacturer web sites, and even a number
of books on the subject of manufactured housing):

http://www.manufacturedhomebuyers.co...ng%20links.htm

Please don't buy one of these homes without doing your homework, or
the chances are good that you will regret it. Use the resources that
are available. If you want a chance to win one of ten Amazon.com Lucky
Breaks shopping sprees being given away (each worth $1,000), please go
to this page as well:

http://www.manufacturedhomebuyers.co...x/shopping.htm

The entry form is quick and easy. (Warning for the guys: it's for
beauty supplies - but your wife or girlfriend will love you for it!)
Contest ends April 30th, so hurry!

If you're looking for cases go to a law library, (court house, state
capitol, university), and look in the "Digests" for the terms that
these may fall under such as manufactured housing. The law librarian
will help you locate the case in "Reporters," which are published
cases. Most states have digests, but reporters can be regional,
including several state's cases. the "Decennials" are books that cover
both fed and state cases. These are rudimentary beginnings to legal
research that, once you know where the volumes are in the law library,
you can look up things pretty quickly.