Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Theron

Default Home Depot / Lowes Discounts

I'm finishing my basement, and need to buy a few thousand $ worth of
more stuff. (Insulation, drywall, bathroom fixtures, flooring). Last
year, Home Depot had a "open a credit account, save 10 percent" deal,
but the deal closed before I could get up the courage to just buy
everything.

Does anyone know if there is another similar promotion coming up at HD
or Lowes, or if there's another way to get a discount on large
purchases? Thanks.

Bishoop

"Theron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm finishing my basement, and need to buy a few thousand $ worth of
more stuff. (Insulation, drywall, bathroom fixtures, flooring). Last
year, Home Depot had a "open a credit account, save 10 percent" deal,
but the deal closed before I could get up the courage to just buy
everything.

Does anyone know if there is another similar promotion coming up at HD
or Lowes, or if there's another way to get a discount on large
purchases? Thanks.

It's being offered at HD as I write this.....Central Florida at least.

The problem you may encounter is they won't grant you a credit line high
enough to purchase the thousands of $ in supplies that you need.

Dick

On 7 Apr 2005 06:31:40 -0700, "Theron"
wrote:

I'm finishing my basement, and need to buy a few thousand $ worth of
more stuff. (Insulation, drywall, bathroom fixtures, flooring). Last
year, Home Depot had a "open a credit account, save 10 percent" deal,
but the deal closed before I could get up the courage to just buy
everything.

Does anyone know if there is another similar promotion coming up at HD
or Lowes, or if there's another way to get a discount on large
purchases? Thanks.

If you have a Discover Card, you can get a 5% discount at Home Depot,
Lowe's and ACE hardware (among others) until the end of May. You have
to sign up for it, but it doesn't cost anything.
Greg

"Theron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm finishing my basement, and need to buy a few thousand $ worth of
more stuff. (Insulation, drywall, bathroom fixtures, flooring). Last
year, Home Depot had a "open a credit account, save 10 percent" deal,
but the deal closed before I could get up the courage to just buy
everything.

Does anyone know if there is another similar promotion coming up at HD
or Lowes, or if there's another way to get a discount on large
purchases? Thanks.

HD offers that discount all the time, depending upon what is happening in
your area. In Waynesboro, Virginia, a new HD has been built, and a new
Lowe's Home Center is being built. So, HD is saturating the area with
offers for HD credit cards and the 10% off deal. I guess they are hoping to
lock in a bunch of customers before the Lowe's completes construction.

Call them and ask if they will reinstate the offer for you. Can't hurt to
ask.

Get the 10% off new movers coupon from both.

On 7 Apr 2005 06:31:40 -0700, someone wrote:

I'm finishing my basement, and need to buy a few thousand $ worth of
more stuff. ........
Does anyone know if there is another similar promotion coming up at HD
or Lowes, or if there's another way to get a discount on large
purchases?

A few thousand is hardly a large purchase for a lumberyard or home
supply. Contractors might buy $40 or $50 thousand (or more) for each
project and have several projects going at once.

Greg

wrote in message
oups.com...
Get the 10% off new movers coupon from both.

Good point. I got that from Lowe's, and it saved me a good sized chunk o'
change.

Greg

Charles Spitzer

"Greg" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
Get the 10% off new movers coupon from both.

Good point. I got that from Lowe's, and it saved me a good sized chunk o'
change.

Greg

you can also get this in a moving packet at the postoffice.

Theron

v wrote:
On 7 Apr 2005 06:31:40 -0700, someone wrote:

I'm finishing my basement, and need to buy a few thousand $ worth of
more stuff. ........
Does anyone know if there is another similar promotion coming up at

HD
or Lowes, or if there's another way to get a discount on large
purchases?

A few thousand is hardly a large purchase for a lumberyard or home
supply. Contractors might buy $40 or $50 thousand (or more) for each
project and have several projects going at once.

Right, I meant a large purchase for me, not for Lowes.

I didn't know about the new mover coupons until now - I'll check those
out.

Greg

"Theron" wrote in message
ups.com...
I didn't know about the new mover coupons until now - I'll check those
out.

If you don't find them at the post office, I got a couple via the Lowe's web
site.

LEB

"Theron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm finishing my basement, and need to buy a few thousand $ worth of
more stuff. (Insulation, drywall, bathroom fixtures, flooring). Last
year, Home Depot had a "open a credit account, save 10 percent" deal,
but the deal closed before I could get up the courage to just buy
everything.

Does anyone know if there is another similar promotion coming up at HD
or Lowes, or if there's another way to get a discount on large
purchases? Thanks.

We are going to be purchasing several thousand dollars worth of laminate
flooring at Home Depot. It is the only place (besides Home Depot Expo
stores) that carries this particular brand/style of laminate. We probably
will open a HD credit card account as they have the 10% discount deal
available. However, the amount you can save is limited to $200. So, for
the first $2000 worth of purchases, you get a 10% discount, but after that
you pay the regular amount.

Theron

Greg wrote:
"Theron" wrote in message
ups.com...
I didn't know about the new mover coupons until now - I'll check

those
out.

If you don't find them at the post office, I got a couple via the

Lowe's web
site.

I ended up going to the post office, then going to the website
recommended on the coupont: http://www.lowesmoving.com/ It looks
good.

(Home Depot's moving site, however, gave me nothing worthwhile - looks
like I'll be going to Lowes this year).

Charles Spitzer

"Theron" wrote in message
oups.com...

Greg wrote:
"Theron" wrote in message
ups.com...
I didn't know about the new mover coupons until now - I'll check

those
out.

If you don't find them at the post office, I got a couple via the

Lowe's web
site.

I ended up going to the post office, then going to the website
recommended on the coupont: http://www.lowesmoving.com/ It looks
good.

(Home Depot's moving site, however, gave me nothing worthwhile - looks
like I'll be going to Lowes this year).

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...ID=9876&pos=14

Ge the Lowes coupon. Print several copies. Use the first one at
Lowes. Use the other copies at Home Depots that will honor the Lowes
coupon.