Electronics (alt.electronics)

Default Info on NEC 780058291

Hi,

Can anyone please help me in finding info on a chip. The code written
on it is :

NEC SGP
780058291
0133EE002

I tried searching on yahoo, google, and NEC's site with no luck.

Anyhelp will be welcome.

Thanks in advance, guys.

loedown

What equipment is it in, how many legs does it have, what package type is
it?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.
it is on a JVC disc changer CH-X450.
It has 18 legs on each side (square chip).

Sorry for the lack of info, cause I'm not an electronic guy.. Just
someone asked me to search on the internet for this chip.

Regrds,
Antony

loedown

Ok, that's referred to as a QFP, or Quad Flat Pack, if it has short legs, ie
1.5 - 2.0 mm long, if they are about 3.0 - 4.0 or so mm, then that's called
Gull Wing

You want to know what it does, because it's damaged?

If it is, it is probably the controller IC, or stream decoder IC

Best place to find one, is hassle all your local electronics shops for a
scrap unit, or JVC for the part.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, it is damaged. I was asked to find out if we can get it on the
internet, because we couldn't find it on the local shops. I live in
Jakarta, Indonesia btw.

So if you know any site where I can order chips like that, that'll be
very helpful. Just realized how silly I am for not putting this
question on my previoys posts. doh...

Anyway.. it's been a lot of help.

Thanks again Paul.

Regards,