Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Maybe simple but beyond my electronics ability.

This group looks like people that can understand what I need. The following post was posted in a security site and the responses I got were not very helpful and not cheap. Can you electronics nerds help me? (And I mean nerds in a positive, appreciative way.)
I know most of these posts are high tech cameras, systems, wifi and internet connected systems but maybe you can help me with a much simpler setup? I will be renting out my house but storing some personal, not high value stuff in the walk in basement/cellar. I don't want to pay subscriptions or have to pay for internet service. The basement will have just 1 outside door, no other entry, no windows.
I just want to have a setup with a door switch and proximity sensor that will set off a loud alarm/siren if someone opens and/or enters through the door. I would like it so raise holy hell for 5 minutes then if all is restored, reset itself. Of course I will have an off/on key so the property manager can gain access. All of this I can do but need to know how to do the 5 minute part. Suggestions? And if you are going to suggest internet connected setup, reread the post.
Posted to alt.electronics

On 25/01/2021 8:12 am, Alan Anderson wrote:
[...]

Why not just lock it up ??