Electronics (alt.electronics)

Piotrek

Default Chipcon 1020 problem

Hello

I have to make a simple radio link using a CC1020. I have a development kit
and SmartRF 5.3 software. I have also made 2 boards with max232 just to have
a level converter because the data I want to send using this link is going
to be taken from PC. So I use DIO as input and DCLK as an output pin just as
writen in manual.

The problem is:

I always have a strange rectangular signal on output, but not simetrical,
rather stochastic. It does not depend on the data format. Even if I use
Manchester or NRZ I have on the receiver the same signal (on DIO, because on
NRZ and Manchester DCLK is a normal clock) I am really not sure If the TX
part talks.

Do you know what to do to go on with the design, because my boss hates
looking at me, when something like this happens

Best wishes

Piotr