Electronics (alt.electronics)

ipo

Default Question on shorted circuit and ohmmeter

Let's say I have a 20 meter wire with two conductors that are shorted at
some unknown location in the wire. Is there a way to determine how far the
short is from either end of the wire by using an ohmmeter or other testing
device?

ipo

*sigh*

Let's say I have a 20 meter wire with two conductors that are shorted at
some unknown location in the wire. Is there a way to determine how far the
short is from either end of the wire by using an ohmmeter or other testing
device?

ipo

I think that can be done fairly simple, probably won't even need an ohmmeter
or multimeter. Just post if you still have the problem and I'll help you out

JeffM

Is there a way to determine how far the short is from either end of
the wire
by using an ohmmeter or other testing device?
ipo

Yup.
http://groups.google.com/groups?&q=t...osci lloscope