DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Question on shorted circuit and ohmmeter (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/36879-question-shorted-circuit-ohmmeter.html)

ipo July 13th 04 10:10 PM

Question on shorted circuit and ohmmeter

Let's say I have a 20 meter wire with two conductors that are shorted at
some unknown location in the wire. Is there a way to determine how far the
short is from either end of the wire by using an ohmmeter or other testing
device?

ipo

Art July 13th 04 11:32 PM

Question on shorted circuit and ohmmeter

There are commercial testing instruments that can check for this scenario
rather reliably.
s.com...

*sigh* July 25th 04 09:12 AM

Question on shorted circuit and ohmmeter

Let's say I have a 20 meter wire with two conductors that are shorted at
some unknown location in the wire. Is there a way to determine how far the
short is from either end of the wire by using an ohmmeter or other testing
device?

ipo

I think that can be done fairly simple, probably won't even need an ohmmeter
or multimeter. Just post if you still have the problem and I'll help you out
:)

JeffM August 11th 04 08:15 AM

Question on shorted circuit and ohmmeter

Is there a way to determine how far the short is from either end of
the wire
by using an ohmmeter or other testing device?
ipo

Yup.
http://groups.google.com/groups?&q=t...osci lloscope