Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.electronics,aus.cars,aus.cars.offroad,aus.computers,aus.electronics

Default How to smart charge with a regulated power supply

Hi Guys,
I have a regulated power supply that I've built from scratch back when I was
in 'school'.
It's a 0-24V regulated power supply with upto 5 amp.
There are two settings, 1A and 5A. Also the amps can be controlled via a
turn knob(potentiometer). Also a separate potentiometer for voltage control.

My aim is to use this unit for 'smart charging' a 12V, 6V lead acid, agm,
etc batteries.

How do I do that with this unit?
It's ok for me, to having to walk to the unit every half hour or so, to
adjust the settings to replicate the multi-stage battery charging.

I'm after some good information on how to do it.

Your help is very much appreciated.

---