Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default DVD power feed to disc motor?????

Goldstar GBV411 DVD/RW-CD/RW-VHS/RW machine that the DVD motor does not spin
up.
.. . . I did that which I didn't wish to (from a previous post, diff group)
and did cut
one wire on a DVD drive motor...it showed resistance. Just to be sure
(cheapo multimeter) I ran 7 vdc (from a model RY controller) and the motor
spun with no problems...
.. . . Now I am in some deep do-do. Anyone have any suggestion(s) on how to
check the small circuit board feeding the drive motor? I pulled and
re-inserted the two small ribbon cables (between the motherboard and DVD
frame) a few times, just to make sure no corosion was in the contacts and
that did not help. I would imagine the narrowest ribbon cable is the
power/control feed, and the widest one is the data cable. The laser tracking
slide moves on its on and the laser is illuminated.
.. . . I have an old Sony VX515 version of this DVD/RW-CD/RW/VHS/RW and I am
using all its functions alot. I am sure my friend would appreciate this one
having its DVD working. Mine is the only machine I own that plays mp-3's.
.. . .in advance. . .thanks to the past help and any further assistance.
.. . . . . .charlie.

Power Feed ? Terry Coombs Metalworking 13 November 30th 08 12:52 PM
DP sw needed on power feed. ? Osprey UK diy 4 April 25th 08 02:11 PM
WTB Align 250 Power Feed [email protected] Metalworking 0 November 29th 07 02:14 PM
Power feed on BP mill Roy Metalworking 6 February 17th 05 12:42 PM
Using only one 110v feed from a 220v pair on a remote grounded motor. Peter Solomon Home Repair 13 November 24th 04 12:59 AM