Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.design

Default generator conclusion

service

120vac 120vac signal
o o o
| | |
o o------------*
\ main \ |
o o |
| | |
| house | |
| | |
| barn | (COIL)
--- --- | generator ignition
-/- N.C. -/- N.C.. | o
| | | |
o generator o | ---
--- --- N.O.
- |
gnd |
---
-
chassis

This is my design, it *will* work, I ordered the parts, it meets my needs, I
ordered the parts and it's what I'm going to do.

All I care about is protecting the generator. The coil has to be energized
24/7 to do it, but there's no other way.

* if the generator isn't feeding power to the house and barn, it means we
forgot to turn off the main switch and we are feeding power into the grid.
To remedy this we can turn off the main switch. The generator will still be
ok.
* if the power goes on it will cut the generator ignition and open the feed
contacts. If the main switch is off anyway, this won't harm the generator.
If the power goes on, the main switch is on and the generator is on, there
will be a time delay for the relay to disconnect, but any problems will
throw the breaker in the barn for the generator, and the generator will
still be ok.

I'm not digging and running wires, I'm not paying the transfer box sharks,
and I'm doing this effectively, simply and easily. Did any of you hear?
It's the end of the world and we have to do with what we've got. By the
time 10 kw reaches any lineman, it will be too diluted to do any harm. It
probably won't make it above 1 volt. The current will be sunk into the
consumer grid abyss.

I'm familiar with the N.E.C. and I've used it before. However my resources
are limited, everybody is too scared to give me any better ideas or they
just don't know.