Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
MC MC is offline

Default Aquarium LED lighting

OK, new to this lark but have a basic idea what components do and I can
solder etc...

I want to experiment and create some LED lighting for a 20 inch deep, 16
inch across, hexagonal aquarium. I want to use bright white LEDs and a few
UV LEDs (helps bring out the colours of some fish). I will be using a
project box (with resins to waterproof) but need to know how many LEDs
(approximately) I will need to get acceptable lighting. I will be powering
with either 12v or 9v (via AC /DC transformed supply through a DC power
conector). The exact voltage I will use will depend on the amount of LEDs
and power requirments of the LEDs. I may add a switch to independently use
the UV LEDs but that is only a secondary idea. Can anybody point me to a
schematic or other diagram that my give me some ideas or does anyonyone else
have any thoughts.

Thanks

MC

Posted to alt.electronics

"MC" wrote in message
ster.com...
[...]

Check out the "Make" magazine. It's a printed publication but they also
have a web site where you can view most if not more than what is in the
printed version.
http://makezine.com/magazine/

As for your current project you might check out the "LED Light Brick"
project at http://makezine.com/18/lightbrick/ which might be modified to
meet your needs. The plastic can be molded in about any size or shape.

They have had many other LED projects in the past which you might fine
interesting as well.

Use for 3-sided aquarium HeyBub Home Repair 2 August 23rd 06 06:30 PM
UPS for tropical aquarium Jason Arthurs UK diy 4 August 27th 05 11:58 AM
Aquarium stand again Larry Blanchard Woodworking 20 November 15th 04 12:31 AM
Aquarium Stand Bill Stock Woodworking 10 August 11th 04 12:05 AM
Aquarium? Marcus Fox UK diy 11 May 22nd 04 08:21 PM