Posted to alt.electronics
MC MC is offline

Default Aquarium LED lighting

OK, new to this lark but have a basic idea what components do and I can
solder etc...

I want to experiment and create some LED lighting for a 20 inch deep, 16
inch across, hexagonal aquarium. I want to use bright white LEDs and a few
UV LEDs (helps bring out the colours of some fish). I will be using a
project box (with resins to waterproof) but need to know how many LEDs
(approximately) I will need to get acceptable lighting. I will be powering
with either 12v or 9v (via AC /DC transformed supply through a DC power
conector). The exact voltage I will use will depend on the amount of LEDs
and power requirments of the LEDs. I may add a switch to independently use
the UV LEDs but that is only a secondary idea. Can anybody point me to a
schematic or other diagram that my give me some ideas or does anyonyone else
have any thoughts.

Thanks

MC