Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Source of Surplus Photocopier EHT Supplies, or similar?

Hi,

I'm looking for very cheap low current EHT supply at about 10KV DC.
These used to be easy to find, often from scrapped photocopiers or laser
printers.
Does anyone know a source, preferably in the UK?

Thanks,

Scrim

Posted to alt.electronics

On Wed, 20 May 2009 18:36:17 +0100, "Scrim"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for very cheap low current EHT supply at about 10KV DC.
These used to be easy to find, often from scrapped photocopiers or laser
printers.
Does anyone know a source, preferably in the UK?

Thanks,

Scrim

Man, I was right with you, have one sitting in the junk box, uintil I
got to your location! Oops. Yes, I do, it is a bit heavy and you'd
have to pay shipping. I don't think it would be cost effective. Also
it is 110 volts.
Posted to alt.electronics

wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for very cheap low current EHT supply at about 10KV DC.
These used to be easy to find, often from scrapped photocopiers or laser
printers.
Does anyone know a source, preferably in the UK?

Thanks,

Scrim

Man, I was right with you, have one sitting in the junk box, uintil I
got to your location! Oops. Yes, I do, it is a bit heavy and you'd
have to pay shipping. I don't think it would be cost effective. Also
it is 110 volts.

Thanks - I really need a low voltage DC-DC converter, 12V preferably.
I think some photocopier EHT supplies had an adjustable constant current
output too which might be useful (not essential I think) because it's to
power a corona wire in a 'electrostatic precipitator' (filter) experiment.
I've looked at the UK surplus sites I could Google up but no luck so far.

Scrim