Electronics (alt.electronics)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.electronics

Default disconnected door bell transformer

Hi,

I had a breaker that was humming and would stop when I pushed on it.
So, I replaced it but, the humming got louder (like there was
something definitely wrong) and there was no sound level deviation
when I pushed on it. It seamed clearly that the noise was now coming
from the door bell transformer. If I held the door bell transformer
the noise would diminish although still evident. Since the door bell
is not being used I disconnected the black wire that came from the
breaker I had just replaced, put a marret on it and the noise
stopped. My question is, is this sufficient and safe or should I also
disconnect the white wire that is connecting to the bar above the
breakers?

Thanks,

Bandito

replacing door bell transformer Bill Green Home Repair 8 March 23rd 09 02:50 AM
Door bell Terry Home Repair 10 August 23rd 07 04:06 PM
Door bell problem [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 27th 06 02:28 PM
Cordless Door Bell David Lang UK diy 15 August 9th 05 01:26 PM
Need to modify door bell Brent Home Repair 10 December 30th 03 11:19 PM