Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default speech to serial

I am looking for a circuit and software that I once saw in the 1990's. It
had a microphone, a circuit and a serial port output. It converted speech
to serial input to a computer. The software allowed you to play back the
speech. I still have the circuit I built for this, but have long since lost
the software.

Does anyone remember the circuit I am referring to? Do you happen to know
where I can get the software and possibly schematic again?

Thank you,

Tim

Please reply to

Posted to alt.electronics

"Tim" wrote in message
I am looking for a circuit and software that I once saw in the 1990's. It
had a microphone, a circuit and a serial port output. It converted speech
to serial input to a computer. The software allowed you to play back the
speech. I still have the circuit I built for this, but have long since
lost the software.

Sounds like an A/D converter with serial output. Back in the 1990s, it was
a serial port (RS232) and now it is a USB port.

I think any player that can accept .WAV files would reproduce what you have
recorded. However, without the capture software, I have no idea how to get
the files into your computer.

Posted to alt.electronics

Ya I made one of those things too.
The dagram and software was in the Amiga/ST Magazine.
The software was called Perfect Sound. Which Ran on the Commodore Amiga and
the Atari ST.

--
Find out more at:
http://www.wombatppc.dsl.pipex.com
"Tim" wrote in message
I am looking for a circuit and software that I once saw in the 1990's. It
had a microphone, a circuit and a serial port output. It converted speech
to serial input to a computer. The software allowed you to play back the
speech. I still have the circuit I built for this, but have long since
lost the software.

Does anyone remember the circuit I am referring to? Do you happen to know
where I can get the software and possibly schematic again?

Thank you,

Tim

Please reply to

Posted to alt.electronics

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:02:27 +0930, "mark krawczuk"
wrote:

=hi, cant you just plug a mic into your sound card on pc , and use
windows
=softwrae even to record it ?
=
=mark k
=
=
="Tim" wrote in message
=I am looking for a circuit and software that I once saw in the
1990's. It
=had a microphone, a circuit and a serial port output. It converted
speech
=to serial input to a computer. The software allowed you to play
back the
=speech. I still have the circuit I built for this, but have long
since
=lost the software.
=
= Does anyone remember the circuit I am referring to? Do you happen
to know
= where I can get the software and possibly schematic again?
=
= Thank you,
=
= Tim

.....And use "Audacity" (free) to edit it!

Cheers--
Terry--WB4FXD
Edenton, NC