Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default my college strategy seems to be working (EET major)

I say with all due modesty that in my electrical engineering classes I am a
straight A student. So naturally, I have the class clowns trying to leech
off me. I ended up being lab partners with the lazy ones who didn't pull
their weight, and I ended up doing all the work because I wanted an A.

It went on like this for a while, but this semester, I have implemented a
new strategy, which after five weeks, seems to be quite effective. If
anyone else here shares my predicament, I hope this helps.

Since it has become apparent to me that my efforts to counteract stupidity
with smartness are ineffective, I have decided to fight fire with fire. In
one of my electronics classes, I cough obnoxiously loudly every few minutes.
In my physics class, I ask tons of stupid questions. I mix things up a bit,
but with four classes and a full-time job, I can't afford to mess around.

The class clowns think I am dumber than they are, and that just shows how
smart I really am. Because while they sit back and make fun of me, they
without realizing it, are acknowledging my intellectual superiority. I have
them tricked and they don't even know it. And the best part is seeing their
reactions when they peer over at my test that says 100% while they're
bragging to each other about their D averages.

There is a bit of logic behind the coughing bit. In my physics class, they
thought I was really sick and so I had no prospective lab partners. I saw
it as nobody to slow me down and I was right. I work solo and finish before
anybody else.

One last thought, this one on study groups. The idiots will say "You do
problems 1-10, you do problems 11-20, and I will do problem 21, and we'll
get that smart guy to do problems 22-50. Then we will make copies for each
other and hand them in." This may work for the short term, but more often
than not, homework counts for less than 1% of the final grade. Moreover,
you can't collaborate on a test. So by staying away from the idiots and
doing ALL of the problems myself, it forces me to learn everything and that
is the secret to my success.

Well that is my strategy for college classes in electronics engineering. I
do hope this information was useful, or at the very least, entertaining for
you to read. (-:

Posted to alt.electronics

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:35:04 GMT, "ernie16" wrote:

[...]

---
Not just entertaining, a real pleasure and not something we see here
often: A well-organized, well written narrative put together by
someone not only proficient in the use of the English language but
also by someone who enjoys it.

Thank you. :-)

--
JF