Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Weller solder iron tips

I have 3 different Weller solder irons (station type, pencil type, and
butane type). I'm trying to find different size/shape tips for each.
So far, I haven't been too successful.
I've tried Jameco, Allied Electronics, and a few other places.
They don't seem too concerned about tips, just irons.
I'm not even seeing my SP 40 pencil iron, maybe it's no longer
produced. I don't know if the SP 35 or SP 25 tips will work.

Any information, or a nudge in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.

Larry
Posted to alt.electronics

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:08:20 -0600, Larry Dittoe
wrote:

I have 3 different Weller solder irons (station type, pencil type, and
butane type). I'm trying to find different size/shape tips for each.
So far, I haven't been too successful.
I've tried Jameco, Allied Electronics, and a few other places.
They don't seem too concerned about tips, just irons.
I'm not even seeing my SP 40 pencil iron, maybe it's no longer
produced. I don't know if the SP 35 or SP 25 tips will work.

Any information, or a nudge in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.

---
Weller is part of Cooper Tools. Maybe a visit to their web site
would help.

--
JF
Posted to alt.electronics

Larry Dittoe wrote:
I have 3 different Weller solder irons (station type, pencil type, and
butane type). I'm trying to find different size/shape tips for each.
So far, I haven't been too successful.
I've tried Jameco, Allied Electronics, and a few other places.
They don't seem too concerned about tips, just irons.
I'm not even seeing my SP 40 pencil iron, maybe it's no longer
produced. I don't know if the SP 35 or SP 25 tips will work.

Any information, or a nudge in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.

Larry

Just go buy a new butane soldering iron. They are cheap, under 20 bucks.
Try radio shack, they sell tips.
Posted to alt.electronics
Al Al is offline

In article ,
Larry Dittoe wrote:

I have 3 different Weller solder irons (station type, pencil type, and
butane type). I'm trying to find different size/shape tips for each.
So far, I haven't been too successful.
I've tried Jameco, Allied Electronics, and a few other places.
They don't seem too concerned about tips, just irons.
I'm not even seeing my SP 40 pencil iron, maybe it's no longer
produced. I don't know if the SP 35 or SP 25 tips will work.

Any information, or a nudge in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.

Larry

I have a set of 5 different tips that fit the Weller models TCP/TC201
series. I can't use them. If you they are what you want, I'll send them
to you for the cost of the mail and what you think they're worth to you.

Al