Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.cable-tv,alt.electronics,rec.electronics

Default TV question: Noise/buzz on a bright scene?

I tried searching for the answer but didn't find it yet.

For some reason I get a noise/buzz from my tvs whenever a bright
scene/picture comes on. It's happens only one one channel, TCM, and only
whenever a bright scene is onscreen. For example, a close-up of an actor
wearing white in a well-lit background will have my tvs buzzing like crazy.
As soon as the picture changes to a darker scene the buzzing stops. Any
ideas? Thanks.
--
Splat
Drums, music, women.....rinse and repeat.

Posted to alt.cable-tv,alt.electronics,rec.electronics

In article ,
"Splat" spamspamspamspamspaaaaaam! wrote:

I tried searching for the answer but didn't find it yet.

For some reason I get a noise/buzz from my tvs whenever a bright
scene/picture comes on. It's happens only one one channel, TCM, and only
whenever a bright scene is onscreen. For example, a close-up of an actor
wearing white in a well-lit background will have my tvs buzzing like crazy.
As soon as the picture changes to a darker scene the buzzing stops. Any
ideas? Thanks.

If it only happens on one channel, then a call to the cable company is
probably in order. Sounds like they might have the video level too high
for TCM or something.
Posted to alt.cable-tv,alt.electronics,rec.electronics

Thanks for responding Dave. I finally found the answer after more Googling
the groups. I called Comcast this morning and they've got a trouble tix open
now on it. Thanks again.
--
Splat