Posted to alt.cable-tv,alt.electronics,rec.electronics
David Matthew Wood David Matthew Wood is offline

Default TV question: Noise/buzz on a bright scene?

In article ,
"Splat" spamspamspamspamspaaaaaam! wrote:

I tried searching for the answer but didn't find it yet.

For some reason I get a noise/buzz from my tvs whenever a bright
scene/picture comes on. It's happens only one one channel, TCM, and only
whenever a bright scene is onscreen. For example, a close-up of an actor
wearing white in a well-lit background will have my tvs buzzing like crazy.
As soon as the picture changes to a darker scene the buzzing stops. Any
ideas? Thanks.

If it only happens on one channel, then a call to the cable company is
probably in order. Sounds like they might have the video level too high
for TCM or something.