Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default 12-18 volt dc supply

I need a ac to dc supply that can supply up to 15 amps start up and 10 amps
continuous with the voltage being variable from 12 to 18 volts. It will run
with a 10 amp load for 20 min per day.

I am comfortable assembling the supply, I just am not a circuit designer.

Thank you,
Gene

Posted to alt.electronics

I just went and measured the current draw and under a full load, it is 6
amps, not the 10 I was told. It did peak to 9 on loaded startup, but will
not realy be loaded when starting in my application.

Gene
"Gene Hudson" wrote in message
I need a ac to dc supply that can supply up to 15 amps start up and 10 amps
continuous with the voltage being variable from 12 to 18 volts. It will run
with a 10 amp load for 20 min per day.

Posted to alt.electronics

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:14:19 -0500, "Gene Hudson"
wrote:

I need a ac to dc supply that can supply up to 15 amps start up and 10 amps
continuous with the voltage being variable from 12 to 18 volts. It will run
with a 10 amp load for 20 min per day.

I am comfortable assembling the supply, I just am not a circuit designer.

Thank you,
Gene

If you have an old AT power supply from a PC you can easily rewind the
the transformer to give the desired voltage and current without too
much trouble. Silicon Chip magazine described such a project in
October 2003 http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30705/article.html

Posted to alt.electronics

PS.

Here's another article to get 13.8V at 15A from a PC power supply.
http://www.qrp4u.de/docs/en/powersupply/