Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default Hooking up computer to TV-screen goes black after xp loads

I hooked my computer up to my TV using (i think) the RCA cord. When I
restart my computer and it loads up, it works, and the TV shows the
Dell logo and the Windows XP loading, but when Win XP actually loads
up, the TV screen goes black. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong,
and what I need to do? Thanks, Brad

Posted to alt.electronics
Art

Lower the resolution on your computer to the absolute lowest level (640X At
60 Hz refresh).Probably only 480I is supported. Try it again. The TV is
probably not able to accept the Video at higher resolutions via the direct
video input (Yellow Composite Input).
For higher resolution reproduction on a "TV" you must have a set capable of
being connected via at least a "VGA" video port, and may still be limited
at screen refresh rates, etc. Read the manual for the associated TV, it
will give you a lot of information regarding what it can and can not do.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I hooked my computer up to my TV using (i think) the RCA cord. When I
restart my computer and it loads up, it works, and the TV shows the
Dell logo and the Windows XP loading, but when Win XP actually loads
up, the TV screen goes black. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong,
and what I need to do? Thanks, Brad

Posted to alt.electronics

Ok. Thanks. Unfortunately the lowest the resolution goes is 800x600

Posted to alt.electronics
diehard67

what kind of vidio card are you using and do you have the latest drivers?

are u using an adapter device or a composite output on the card?

let me know and maby we can get someware.

--
diehard67
http://www.diehard67.ca