Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

Default Radio Shack Stamp Microcontroller Kit

Hi. I am looking to experiment with some special effects photography. I have
tinkered together some circuits out of 25 year old TTL 7400 series logic
chips. Someone suggested I re-build my special effects controller using a
micro controller. Basically what I need is the ability to monitor up to 3
inputs to detect a push button or shutter release switch closure. Then the
microcontroller needs to do some logic and turn on/off one of several (maybe
up to 4) outputs to trigger another camera or a photo flash unit. This must
happen in 1/100 second or less. Plus I may need somekind of timing mechanism
to time a period between about 1 millisecond to 10 seconds.

My question is, can the one kit (BASIC Stamp 2 WAM Kit) sold at Radio Shack
do what I want. If not, what should I be looking for?

Henry