Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
default

Default OT Google searches

As you're probably aware, Google is being asked to supply search
information to the Feds, ostensibly to stop "child pornography."
Google stores lots of information even if you don't use their email,
blog, toolbar, or have cookies enabled. Yahoo has already capitulated
.. . .

There's a search engine that uses Google and doesn't keep records
called Scroogle.

I did a couple of side by side searches and got good results.

Search terms: schematic battery charger -com

( the -com helps eliminate a lot of chaff)

The first three hits with Scroogle yielded actual schematics of
battery chargers. The first three hits with Google yielded
discussions about battery chargers and no schematics (save a partial
chip pin-out and possibly links to schematics)

They also ditch the Google ads.

They call their hack Scroogle

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

The yahoo version

http://www.scroogle.org/scraper7.html

Home page

http://www.scroogle.org/

Where they mention the Clusty search engine

http://clusty.com/search?v%3aframe=form&form=advanced&

Clusty is non-tracking, avoids Google searches and allows more search
refinement

The test search yielded one schematic and breaks down the results by
types of charger so one can just look at automobile battery chargers,
or NIMH chargers, NICAD, pic based, etc..

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie

default wrote in message
As you're probably aware, Google is being asked to supply search
information to the Feds, ostensibly to stop "child pornography."
Google stores lots of information even if you don't use their email,
blog, toolbar, or have cookies enabled. Yahoo has already capitulated
. . .

Or everybody could google for "Anarchist's Cookbook" and overload the
system. Actually, don't know if the cookbook still exists anywhere. All the
copies I was aware of have long since been purged. (not that I condone any
of that but just out of a sense of scientific curiosity...)

Speaking of google and scientific curiosity, it is science fair season
again. Neighbor's 12 year old came over last night looking for some ideas.
After talking for a while to find out what his interests were, we googled
for "science fair projects". Picked a few and got about six in the area of
Physics to kick about. I was feeling like Professor Kingsfield in 'The Paper
Chase' by the end of the evening. What was his big quote, something about
"skulls full of mush"? Mentoring - ain't it great.

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
default

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:59:08 -0500, "Oppie"
wrote:

default wrote in message
.. .
[...]

The Cookbook is still alive and on the web. I don't see it on the
cotse web site - which might have been the original site. Cotse seems
to have cleaned up their act and are more sedate these days. Lot of
good info in the cookbook - but probably nothing that would win the
hearts and minds of science fair judges (post 9/11).

What kind of sci fair projects?

Pity the poor fools that pay the tariff for an education and still
have skulls full of mush.

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Lord Garth

"Oppie" wrote in message
.. .

default wrote in message
[...]

The anarchist's Cookbook ... the guys has blown some of his hand off or at
least the guy in the photo has! I really wouldn't trust HIS chemistry!

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Stephen Wilson

Web site's been high jacked by www.directparking.com already!!

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:30:03 -0500, default posted:

[...]

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Stephen Wilson

try www.scrogle.com

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:30:03 -0500, default posted:

Scroogle