Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

Default RF Remote

My camera/flash project circuit is coming together. Now, the next issue,
since I dont want to have 20 foot long wires running between the camera,
project circuit, and flash units, are there easy to use, RF
transmetter/reciever on a chip, type devices. The range only needs to be
about 50 feet. (The inside of a photo studio.)

Hopefully, this will be my last annoying question.

Henry

Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:18:29 -0500, "Henry"
wrote:

My camera/flash project circuit is coming together. Now, the next issue,
since I dont want to have 20 foot long wires running between the camera,
project circuit, and flash units, are there easy to use, RF
transmetter/reciever on a chip, type devices. The range only needs to be
about 50 feet. (The inside of a photo studio.)

---
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wireless+doorbell

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Posted to alt.electronics
cbm5

Henry wrote:
My camera/flash project circuit is coming together. Now, the next issue,
since I dont want to have 20 foot long wires running between the camera,
project circuit, and flash units, are there easy to use, RF
transmetter/reciever on a chip, type devices. The range only needs to be
about 50 feet. (The inside of a photo studio.)

Hopefully, this will be my last annoying question.

Henry

http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/index.p...524065&cat=62&

Very cheap and easy-to-use RF modules. I've used a few and they work great.
Posted to alt.electronics
Rich Grise

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:18:29 -0500, Henry wrote:

My camera/flash project circuit is coming together. Now, the next issue,
since I dont want to have 20 foot long wires running between the camera,
project circuit, and flash units, are there easy to use, RF
transmetter/reciever on a chip, type devices. The range only needs to be
about 50 feet. (The inside of a photo studio.)

Hopefully, this will be my last annoying question.

Henry

If you're talking about having a bunch of flashes flash simultaneously,
have you looked into "slave flash" devices? They have a photocell of
some kind, pointed at the "master", that sense the flash, and flash
their own flash unit based on that.

You wouldn't have the opportunity to do a big electronics project, but
you could get your pictures taken. :-)

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
[...]

Yes I have a two of these. But they are still about $25 each (more for the
more sensative ones), they are still line-of-site, so if they are not
pointed correctly they dont aways "see" the master flash. They also have
limited range (of about 10-15 feet in my experiance) and are basically good
only for an indoor, close in portrait, studio setup. But they have littel
use for something like outdoor or arcitectual photography (where a flash
unit might be around a corner, or behind a column. Plus all the cords
snaking all over the place are a trip hazzard and take more time to setup.
With the information people have answered here it looks like I may be able
to build my own RF flash trigger T/R set for about $40. That is about 1/3 to
1/4 the price of commercial units.

Henry