Electronics (alt.electronics)

David Winter

Default 2708 and 1702 EPROM reader / programmer

Hello,

I need an EPROM reader (and programmer if possible) for the first generation
models 2708 and 1702.
I already have a modern model which does the 2716 and later, but those
earlier ones are not compatible due to multiple voltages which my model
doesn't feature.

Either complete schematics and docs (software if possible) or the whole
thing in working order and able to work on PCs (DOS or Windows whichever, I
can eventually re-write the software if the original sources are provided).

Email replies preferred.

Thanks,

David Winter

John Fields

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:11:50 +0100, "David Winter"
wrote:

Hello,

I need an EPROM reader (and programmer if possible) for the first generation
models 2708 and 1702.
I already have a modern model which does the 2716 and later, but those
earlier ones are not compatible due to multiple voltages which my model
doesn't feature.

Either complete schematics and docs (software if possible) or the whole
thing in working order and able to work on PCs (DOS or Windows whichever, I
can eventually re-write the software if the original sources are provided).

Email replies preferred.

---
What kind of buck$ are you talking about if you can't get it for
free?

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
James T. White

David,

IIRC, you should be able to read the 1702 or 2708 in your EPROM programmer since
they only needed the higher voltage for programming. You might have to build
yourself an adapter using wire-wrap sockets and a piece of perf board to
re-arrange some of the pins. I did that ages ago for the other reason, I needed
to read 2764 but my programmer would only read & program 2732's. I built a perf
board adapter with a switch so I could force the MSB address line high or low.

HTH

--
James T. White
"David Winter" wrote in message
Hello,

I need an EPROM reader (and programmer if possible) for the first generation
models 2708 and 1702.
I already have a modern model which does the 2716 and later, but those
earlier ones are not compatible due to multiple voltages which my model
doesn't feature.

Either complete schematics and docs (software if possible) or the whole
thing in working order and able to work on PCs (DOS or Windows whichever, I
can eventually re-write the software if the original sources are provided).

Email replies preferred.

Thanks,

David Winter

David Winter

John:

Only the seller can put a price on his machine, if you have something for
sale please send me a description of its operation, condition, and also your
price. Note that I'm in France and will pay for shipping (I'm getting many
thing sent from the US and other countries).

Of course I'm not interested by modern programers, as I have one. I only
need an old one only for those first generation EPROMs.

David Winter

wrote:

[...]

David Winter

James:

Sure I'm doing that to read 2532s and could easily do that for 2708 but I
think one of the two (2708/1702) requires -5V as well so as far as one needs
an old programmer I'd rather use that old programmer to read and eventually
write those old EPROMs. I already have a modern one which dosn't support the
2708/1702.

Thanks,

David Winter

"James T. White" a écrit dans le message de
[...]

John Fields

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:26:11 +0100, "David Winter"
wrote:

John:

Only the seller can put a price on his machine, if you have something for
sale please send me a description of its operation, condition, and also your
price. Note that I'm in France and will pay for shipping (I'm getting many
thing sent from the US and other countries).

---
I don't play that way.

If you want something, tell me what you want and what you're willing
to pay for it and if I can get it to you for that price, and you're
serious, we'll talk.

Otherwise, why should I waste my time?
---

Of course I'm not interested by modern programers, as I have one. I only
need an old one only for those first generation EPROMs.

---
I may have one lying around somewhere, and the software for it too.
What are you willing to pay for it if I can find it?