James T. White

Default 2708 and 1702 EPROM reader / programmer

David,

IIRC, you should be able to read the 1702 or 2708 in your EPROM programmer since
they only needed the higher voltage for programming. You might have to build
yourself an adapter using wire-wrap sockets and a piece of perf board to
re-arrange some of the pins. I did that ages ago for the other reason, I needed
to read 2764 but my programmer would only read & program 2732's. I built a perf
board adapter with a switch so I could force the MSB address line high or low.

HTH

--
James T. White
"David Winter" wrote in message
Hello,

I need an EPROM reader (and programmer if possible) for the first generation
models 2708 and 1702.
I already have a modern model which does the 2716 and later, but those
earlier ones are not compatible due to multiple voltages which my model
doesn't feature.

Either complete schematics and docs (software if possible) or the whole
thing in working order and able to work on PCs (DOS or Windows whichever, I
can eventually re-write the software if the original sources are provided).

Email replies preferred.

Thanks,

David Winter