Electronics (alt.electronics)

Erica A Ramsey

Default Circuit Design

I want to design encryption circuit, using either pal, pld or something
else. What is the best thing to use? would it be cheaper to manufacture
using a microprocessor it must be small and cheap to make.

THanks,
Erica

John Fields

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:29:42 -0500, "Erica A Ramsey"
wrote:

I want to design encryption circuit, using either pal, pld or something
else. What is the best thing to use? would it be cheaper to manufacture
using a microprocessor it must be small and cheap to make.

---
How small do you want it to be, how much do you want it to cost, and
what level of encryption do you want to achieve?

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Erica A Ramsey

It should be about 2"width by 4"width or smaller. I am thinking about
Tripple DES encryption or maybe AES not sure which is best for hardware. I
must be cheap to manufacture; a cost of $20.00 per unit? is that reasonable?

Thanks,
Erica
wrote:

I want to design encryption circuit, using either pal, pld or something
else. What is the best thing to use? would it be cheaper to manufacture
using a microprocessor it must be small and cheap to make.

---
How small do you want it to be, how much do you want it to cost, and
what level of encryption do you want to achieve?

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Jasen Betts

In article , Erica A Ramsey wrote:
I want to design encryption circuit, using either pal, pld or something
else. What is the best thing to use? would it be cheaper to manufacture
using a microprocessor it must be small and cheap to make.

how good do you want the encryption, how fast, how cheap, and how many unit
are you planning to make?

you're not likley to manage strong encryption easily in PAL, but IIRC there
are DES chips available and three in series gives 3DES encryption capability
at high speeds...

but really some idea of the application would help encryption for security
remote controls is less demanding than encryption for wireless networking...

--

Bye.
Jasen