Kirk S.

Default Sony GDM20F03 Monitor Failure

Hi all,

Looking at this monitor and when power is applied, the green power led
lights and then turns amber and flashes at 0.5 sec intervals. No HV crackle
or static on screen, no heater glow, etc. I have used an iso-xformer to
check some voltages and the B+ (180vdc) supply comes up and then slowly goes
bleeds off. Any known common failures that I can check? No obvious burned
components and all fusible resistors test ok.

Thanks for any info...

Kirk S.

P.S. I'm not feeling very confident with Sony products...

Wayne

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:23:34 -0600, "Kirk S."
wrote:

Hi all,

Looking at this monitor and when power is applied, the green power led
lights and then turns amber and flashes at 0.5 sec intervals. No HV crackle
or static on screen, no heater glow, etc. I have used an iso-xformer to
check some voltages and the B+ (180vdc) supply comes up and then slowly goes
bleeds off. Any known common failures that I can check? No obvious burned
components and all fusible resistors test ok.

Thanks for any info...

Kirk S.

P.S. I'm not feeling very confident with Sony products...

There are some known failures for this chassis (I believe you have a
Sony GDM-20E03, not 'F'). Have sent you some info by e-mail - too
lengthy to post here.

Wayne
Kirk S.

Wayne,

Thanks for the info... I believe it is an N-2 chassis instead of the N-1.
I do have one of those that doesn't work either...

Kirk S.
wrote:

[...]

aflizarraga

Hi, i believe if chassis N-2.:

check CXA1907S, generally its fails. Sorry my inglish is very bad.
Verifique el CXA1907S, tuve fallas con este IC en estos Chassis.
tambien tuve otra en el mismo chassis, con un capacitor abierto
C511.

Fernando Lizarraga
Cordoba
Argentina

aflizarraga

Kirk.:
Tambien verifica, el PS501, el cual es un fusible.

Saludos
Fernando