Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mikeydude

Default Need help finding a schematic for a Quasar TV/VCR combo

Model # VV8220
Chassis # KM-201

TV stopped working (no picture, sound still worked)
I found a few burned resistors (value?), an open power resistor, and I can't
identify one other part.

I need help getting the values of the following part numbers on the PCB:
R802
R804
R1002
D851

More details:
1) The part labeled D851 has one side connected to the main power (120V),
and the other side to the degaussing coil. It is a rectangular plastic box
with two leads coming out the bottom.
When I measured it with an analog VOM, it gave the same reading with the
leads connected either way. It wasn't open or shorted.
What is this part?

2) Both 800 series resistors that are bad are connected after the bridge
rectifier and before the STR30130 voltage regulator.
Could it be just a voltage spike that caused it, or is there something else
I should look for?
(A partial schematic I drew is available via e-mail if you need a more
accurate description of the circuit. Also posted a message with schematic
attached in "alt.binaries.schematics.electronic")

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,
-Mike