Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 05:29:54 GMT, "mikeydude"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Model # VV8220
Chassis # KM-201

I need help getting the values of the following part numbers on the PCB:
R802
R804

More details:

2) Both 800 series resistors that are bad are connected after the bridge
rectifier and before the STR30130 voltage regulator.
Could it be just a voltage spike that caused it, or is there something else
I should look for?

An STR30130 datasheet is available from http://alldatasheet.com and
from http://www.nteinc.com/specs/1700to1799/NTE1776.html.

Before worrying about your resistors, I would test the regulator. Pins
2,3,4 are the B,C,E of an NPN Darlington pair. A DMM diode test should
show two diode drops between pins 2 and 3, and between pins 2 and 4.
Pins 3 and 4 should test open in one direction and as a diode in the
reverse direction. The resistances in the application circuit are R802
= 2.2 ohm, R804 = 12K.

Are you sure you have drawn R806 and R807 correctly? AFAICT, pin 1
should connect to ground.

(A partial schematic I drew is available via e-mail if you need a more
accurate description of the circuit. Also posted a message with schematic
attached in "alt.binaries.schematics.electronic")

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,
-Mike

- Franc Zabkar