mikeydude

Where to start...
First, thanks for the post and the link to the datasheets.
Second... the reply.
The resistances in the application circuit are R802 = 2.2 ohm, R804 = 12K.

R802 is a power resistor with the value printed on it. 5.6 ohm, 3 watt.
R804 is burned and unreadable, but it has a value of 11.36k ohms, so I
replaced it with a 12k resistor after reading your post.
Are you sure you have drawn R806 and R807 correctly? AFAICT, pin 1 should

connect to ground.

One side of R806 (220k) should connect directly to pin 2 of the regulator,
the other side of the resistor is to ground.
R807 is correctly drawn. It is a fairly low resistance (39 ohms). Pretty
sure the value is correct. The colors read: orn/wht/blk/gold/wht.
Before worrying about your resistors, I would test the regulator. Pins
2,3,4 are the B,C,E of an NPN Darlington pair. A DMM diode test should
show two diode drops between pins 2 and 3, and between pins 2 and 4.
Pins 3 and 4 should test open in one direction and as a diode in the
reverse direction.

Testing between pins 2 & 3, it reads like a diode with the cathode on pin 3.
This seems correct from what I see in the datasheet. Shouldn't this show
up under test as a single base-collector junction?
It looks like both collectors of the Darlington pair are connected.
Testing between pins 3 & 4 also reads like a diode with the cathode on pin
3. Seems ok.
Testing between pins 2 & 4 reads like a diode, but with higher resistance.
Consistant with a two diode drop, I would think.

Appreciate the help,
-Mike

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message

An STR30130 datasheet is available from http://alldatasheet.com and
from http://www.nteinc.com/specs/1700to1799/NTE1776.html.

Before worrying about your resistors, I would test the regulator. Pins
2,3,4 are the B,C,E of an NPN Darlington pair. A DMM diode test should
show two diode drops between pins 2 and 3, and between pins 2 and 4.
Pins 3 and 4 should test open in one direction and as a diode in the
reverse direction. The resistances in the application circuit are R802
= 2.2 ohm, R804 = 12K.

Are you sure you have drawn R806 and R807 correctly? AFAICT, pin 1
should connect to ground.

- Franc Zabkar